Locally sourced nucleus hives (scroll down for package bees):
Heather's Honey Bees : Local survivor stock 5 years running. Heather's Honey Bees stay in Michigan year round. Limited availability.
Holland Heritage Bee Co. : Nucs for sale - 100% sustainable Michigan bees. Limited quantities available, reservations on first-come-first served basis.
- 5 frame deeps with at least two frames of brood, laying queen, balance with honey, pollen, drawn or partially drawn out foundation.
- Available early June, depending on Mother Nature.
- 2020 price, $190.00 includes Nuc box. Pickup in Holland Michigan.
- Contact Rick Arnold (HABA board member, 5th generation beekeeper) at email@example.com or (mobile) 616-460-9338 or download the information
Mary Bouma (Hopkins MI) : Five frame deep nucs for sale. Mary has been keeping bees in rural Hopkins, MI since 2014. She uses Mel Disselkoen's OTS method for queen rearing
- 5 frame nucs available late April or early May. Overwintered 2019 queens are sold first and daughter queens approximately 30 days later.
- Nucs are 160.00 each.
- All nucs contain 5 deep frames, a locally mated and laying queen, bees, brood and nectar/honey.
- If you are a first-time beekeeper, Mary may have some used equipment for sale to help you get started.
- Orders are filled on a first-come, first served basis
- Contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sweet Pines Apiary
Raymond Lackey, keynote speaker at this year's Bee School, still has a few nucs available for sale (150.00)
Visit https://www.tianca.com/honey-bee-sales/ for more information.
Package bees, nucs and beekeeping equipment
Don Lam Bees : Don Lam Bees, located in Holland, Michigan, carries everything you need to get started and beyond. A partial price list is available at https://donlambees.com/current-bee-supply-prices/